Frequently Asked Questions

Q:  How old do I have to be to take the Nebraska Concealed Carry Course?
  You must be at least 21 years old.

Q:  How do I sign up for a course?
  You must call us at (308) 575-0246 to sign up.

Q:  Do I have to have my own gun for class?
  Yes, you must provide your own firearm for the course.  You may borrow a safe, functioning handgun from your spouse or immediate family member.  If you borrow from a
 friend you must have a Nebraska Firearm Purchase Certificate.

Q:  How should I transport my gun?
  Your handgun must be completely unloaded and your handgun and ammunition must be secured separately in your trunk.  If your vehicle does not have a trunk, your unloaded handgun and ammunition must be locked in a secure compartment other than the glove box or console.

Q:  Where is the course held?
  Wildcat Hills Shooting Sports Complex, 210615 Highway 71, Gering, NE 69341.

Q:  Is there a prerequisite to take your Concealed Carry Course?
  Yes.  Following are the requirements to take our course:

  1.  Must be at least 21 years old.
  2.  Must have a valid, state-issued photo ID.
  3.  Must be able to load, unload, and operate your handgun without assistance (no formal training required).

Q:What do I need to bring with me to the Concealed Carry course?

A:  EACH student will need to bring the following items:

  1. Valid state-issued photo ID, i.e. driver's license.
  2. Safe, functioning .22LR to .45ACP caliber handgun (semi-automatic or revolver).
  3. Dominant-side, belt-mounted holster -- MUST cover the trigger guard.
  4. Sturdy belt to support your handgun and holster.
  5. 100 rounds of ammunition for your handgun.
  6. Proper eye (prescription eyeglasses qualify) and ear protection.
  7. Article of clothing long enough to cover your handgun when it is holstered on your belt.
  8. Closed-toed shoes.  Open-toed shoes/sandals are not allowed.
  9. Weather appropriate clothing, i.e. sunglasses/jacket/hat, etc.

Q:  Do I get my concealed carry permit on the day of the Nebraska Concealed Carry Course?

A:  No.  Upon successful completion of our course you will be given a course completion certificate.  You will then need to contact the Nebraska State Patrol to schedule an appointment to process your application.