The Smoking Barrel, LLC
"a SHOT ABOVE THE REST"
Nebraska Concealed Carry Course
See "Course Fees" page.
1. Must be at least 21 years old
2. Must have a valid, state-issued photo ID
3. Must be able to load, unload, and operate your handgun without assistance (no formal training required)
This course qualifies for Nebraska, Wyoming, Colorado, and Iowa residents' "concealed handgun permits." Our course is designed around individuals with previous handgun experience who want to legally carry a concealed handgun for self-defense. We will always work with every student regardless of prior experience to ensure they are educated in all aspects of handgun safety and proficiency.
This course is the Nebraska State Patrol approved handgun training and safety course required to apply for a Nebraska Concealed Handgun Permit. Our course goes above and beyond the Nebraska State Patrol standards and thoroughly focuses on handgun safety and the responsibilities and liabilities of carrying a concealed handgun for self-defense.
Students in our course will receive an outline of the material instructed, a Nebraska Concealed Handgun Permit Application, a current copy of the Concealed Handgun Permit Act (Neb. Rev. Stat. 69-2427 through 69-2449), and a current copy of the Concealed Handgun Permit Act Rules and Regulations (NAC Title 272, Ch. 21)
Upon successful completion of the written examination and live fire qualification students will receive a Handgun Training and Safety Course completion certificate.
EACH student will need the following items:
1. Valid, state-issued photo ID
2. Safe, functioning .22LR to .45ACP caliber handgun (semi-automatic or revolver)
3. Dominant-side, belt-mounted holster -- MUST cover the trigger guard
4. Sturdy belt to support your handgun and holster
5. 100 rounds of ammunition for your handgun
6. Proper eye (prescription eyeglasses qualify) and ear protection
7. Article of clothing long enough to cover your handgun when it is holstered on your belt
8. Closed-toed shoes. Open-toed shoes/sandals are not allowed.
9. Weather appropriate clothing, i.e. sunglasses/jacket/hat, etc.